Day 105: Claire Gets an Agent for Her Travel Book!

Tonight is a fun night. Yes, the usual things are happening at Resort Awkward. I am still starring in the one woman freak show that is going on a jog; I am still posing in photos with the children of Indian tourists when they ask me to, ("One photo? With my child?"); and I am certainly still entertaining the staff with my apparently ignorant existence (you aren't familiar with cupcake sprinkles as the new after dinner digestif?)

But the good news is that I had a nice phone call with New York to find that an agent is going to represent my travel book, All Roads Lead to Einbahn.* I'm very excited, and even shed one tiny tear when I talked to my father on the phone and he said something semi-sweet about how he was officially pleased that he didn't actually break my wrists as a child to prevent me from following in his dreaded footsteps as a writer.

Now all we need is a publisher to buy it. If you know one, you can send them to this blog and say the following: "Claire's book will be kind of like TrippingOnWords, except it will be longer and you will have to pay for it."

14 comments:

Jonathan said...

congratulations, claire!

Mari said...

go claire!!! tell the publisher person that I will buy the book!

barbarakingsolver said...

Great news Claire! I remember talking with my first agent. What an exciting moment!

Claire and Lara said...

CLAIRE IS A LITERARY GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire and Lara said...

i just realized it could look like Claire had posted that about herself. She didn't. She is a modest literary genius. I, Lara, do not have to be modest, so I can tell everyone that CLAIRE IS A LITERARY GENIUS!!!!!!

I know these things. I live with her. And I've read part of hte book, so our hunch about her genius-ness is confirmed.

Another twentysomething said...

Mega congrats! Have a drink for me tonight, will you? And keep me posted on this project's progress! Cheers!

diana said...

you rock the casbah.

SavvySunshine said...

'you rock the casbah'

That's funny shit! I love that! And, BTW Claire, you totally rock it!

Congratulations! OK enough exclamation points!

Sunshine

johanna said...

i have a photo somewhere of claire and sue in vienna leaning against a sign that says "EINBAHN" and points left. they look confused, looking in opposite directions as if lost. but the photo is posed.

bbop said...

Claire-That's really great news and the 'hood is certainly rooting for you. Also, the cupcake sprinkles are sugar-coated anise (licorice) and they serve them at Naan and Curry on College Ave. too.

Adam said...

cool blog. i don't know how i stumbled upon it, but you guys are making me want to travel again. have fun

rrrrroorrrryyy said...

congratulations on the agent claire, that's awesome. who is it? i sometimes comment on your blog like, in my head. one of these days i'll try and remember all of my brilliant interior comments and actually write them down. although i think that i forgot my like blogger identity.
ummm, also the main reason why i am commenting is because i had a disturbing dream about you last night. you were waiting for me at an airport and i arrived with a HUGE bag and you're all: "what's IN that?" and i'm all (like, REALLY happy): "it's my guitar, so that we can play jesus songs together with you on YOUR guitar!"
and you're all: "awesome!"
i don't know what kind of fucked up game my subconscious is playing with me.


rory

adgetheberrybiologistinbaja said...

yay pone! we will have a gilded stable prepared for when you become a bestselling author!

Lana said...

CLAIRE IS MY HERO! ahhhh!!! i'm so excited! next time i see you - LAUNDRY ROOM BABY!!!! hahahahahha dude i'm gonna buy all kinds of copies of that ish and give it out with fake claire signatures on it. it'll be cool. you rock my WORLD claire! XOOXOX

Real Time Web Analytics