Day 271: Quarter of a Century

25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525

I, Lara, am now 25 years old. This is a quarter of a century. This is old.

So far it’s crazy; I’m in a bathrobe watching Friends and editing. Par-tay.

Out at dinner with my friend Lakshmi tonight, who did my India hospital international public health program thing with me, I was referred to as “you know older, like your age” for the first time. It hurt a little bit, especially coming from the overachieving Harvard grad, med school bound hottie sitting across from me. But happily, I am not a planner, so I never had any sense of where I would be at this age, so I feel no real anxiety about not having accomplished anything yet. It is an awfully round number, however, which feels like I have something to live up to. Don't know what it is about multiples of five, but somehow it feels like a real benchmark.

But this is going to be a good year. Here’s what’s going to happen:

Marathon running
Kenya visiting
Africa traveling
Claire getting along-ing
Better staying in-touching
More routine-ing (sorry Claire)
School returning

Go 25! Very exciting as you can see…

In other news, who knew that after midnight all the advertisements became about singles phone lines? Is this what twenty-five-year-olds are supposed to do? I’m disturbed. How exactly do these work? Apparently if I call this one, local singles will show up at my house. Is that legal?

8 comments:

Clairew said...

i'll show up at your house. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

c

Sunshine said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Lara!!!!!!!

Woot!

Ah, 25, I remember it so well (along with the quarter-life crisis, too, but we won't talk about that...)

So, yay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ha i love that savvy said WOOT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARITA BONITA!!! i loooooove you, call you later.

Gabrielle said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BORKY!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Crocodile said...

Abbi bibi Ah!

Dragons said...

Happy Birfday Auntie Ah!

Amalia said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! You are my favorite person born on January 11th.

Sunshine said...

L-Lana: If you read my blog long enough, you'll find many PINTB-isms like "deets", "convo", "fav", the afore-mentioned "woot", "unfortch".

I am really over the top and I LOVE PINTB!

Real Time Web Analytics