Day 315: Gratitude and Sincerity and Groceries and Stuff

by Lara, lara@trippingonwords.com

So I spent my day working. Crazy for a Monday, I know.

And then I got some really awesome news from Claire while I was grocery shopping. This meant that I was rude to the checkout lady and talked the whole time she was serving me, something I really REALLY hate doing. (I realize you will not ever read this, Checkout Lady, but if you do, I am truly sorry for effectively ignoring you while you helped me. I know how frustrating that can be.) But Claire was in a hurry, and she had to tell me all about these people who are helping us and how much they are willing to help and how wonderfully helpful they have been. Keyword there is help if you did not get that from the whole repetitive thing that as an editor I should fix.

Basically, this whole marathon, help the orphans project has really started coming together. It is truly amazing to me how people I haven’t talked to in a long time or people I have never even met have come out of the woodwork to do what they can. Quite frankly, it gives me hope, people. And that is a good and rare thing these days, or it has been for me.

So, to second Claire’s much more entertaining previous post, I just want to say thank you, and please keep doing what you can, and please keep considering our project a means for helping people that really need it. Claire and I really want to make a difference in the few months we will be in Kenya, but we are not conceited enough to think we can do it alone.

There is so much more to be done, but I am so amazed at how much can be accomplished by simply trying. This is an important lesson that working with Claire has taught me over the years and that everyone could benefit from.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics