Nomadic Matt Feels Like My Friend

I've been reading Nomadic Matt for years.

Let me give a disclaimer.








Here's my well-worn reading pattern, crafted over time:

Every six months, I realize that I miss reading a darn good daily travel blog. So I sign up for Nomadic Matt's daily email newsletter again, as well as a few other recommended (via my personal friend Google who surely provides me with targeted results) "travel blog newsletters". About a week later, I unsubscribe from everything but Nomadic Matt because they all minorly suck. Then, a few weeks later, I end up unsubscribing from Nomadic Matt.

Why?

Because I've never gotten addicted to him. Honestly, I feel like I don't really know him. His posts are often very "how-to" and my glimpses of him within the exotic international cities are few and far between. As a result, I sometimes feel that I can't gain much as a daily reader if I'm not on the exact same around the world itinerary as he is (which I'm not).

Today, though, he convinced me.

First with this post, The Day I Quit, which is one of the best written posts I've seen him do in a long time. And the with this post, Changing Plans and Getting Personal.

When you're not on someone else's journey, you want to feel you are.

The personal is what does that for me. Thanks, Matt.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics