Day 88: VIVA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!


For serious, people.

If last night's game was not entertainment, I don't know what is. How crazy was that crazy French captain Zidane? How hot was my Italian captain boyfriend Cannavaro? It was a great great match.

Undoubtedly made better by the fact that I spent the day lounging around the hotel Taj in Mumbai and watched the game from a King sized bed in a Taj suite. There are two Indias, I've discovered: the one of the colonized and the one of the colonizers (roughly speaking).

Happily, some dude who had been in the program the month before decided to enjoy the other side of India, and booked himself into swankville for the night. Did I know him? No. Was I happy to mooch as always? Heck yeah. So we left the clinics far behind and brought our swimsuits and TB germs to the 5-star pool of one of the nicest hotels in the world. I walked around rubbing my sweat and filth everywhere as I fondled their couches and towels to feel how the other half lives.

Four of us were there to partake of hte joy, and all four managed to fit into the bed. The picture only shows one...Jack who cannot decide if he's from Tennessee, Louisiana or Greece who managed to snag the mattress while the rest of us went to fetch chilled complementary beverages.

I somehow felt I belonged. The staff and the person I was mooching off of did not agree...

Claire--you know I'm worthy. And I know you're worthy. and we both know it is not the first time one of us has been the dirtiest thing a resort has ever seen...

2 comments:

Ryan Moore said...

I wanted France to win. Just for the record. Italians are dirty trash talkers.

la sciura lella said...

Ryan... please! We are the strongest team of the world!
We are great in everything! Come to Italy and try to live it. Enjoy it. Feel it. italy is different. Italy is great! Italians too, obviously.

Real Time Web Analytics