sad day

By lara, lara@trippingonwords.com

 

Things are sad here. It is 1:30 AM, and I have just pulled out my chemistry modeling set to start a problem set. The whole thing is so pathetic, I’m unsure what to do about it. One would think I had been slacking all day, but actually I just spent my morning getting paid to do even more boring work and then doing the much more fun thing of selecting photos to send out on Hope Runs promo CDs. I couldn’t quite give in and watch entertaining videos, but I spent plenty of time looking at the Runner’s World photos again and then again. All in the interest of promotions, of course.

 

Sigh. What I wouldn’t give for the internet-free, urphan-filled fun of Kenya right about now. Though when I get in my car and go buy a smoothie tomorrow, I’ll see if that sentiment holds.

 

Well, I must not deny myself the allure of Organic Chemistry, and “you must be an idiot that you don’t understand this” basic Physics any longer.

 

 

3 comments:

sarah mac said...

chin up, dear. if you can deal with getting stranded in central asia without an interpreter, i'm pretty sure you can handle organic chemistry. please just don't burn your eyebrows off like I did in high school chem lab. it's not pretty...

Unknown said...

It sounds like you do not want to be in school! Why? I understand the urge to get back to higher learning, but.... buh.

Anonymous said...

my dad said this post was depressing...it is...and sarah, sadly, i think lara and i would take getting straned in central asia with no passport over most things....

Real Time Web Analytics